I offer workshops and talks on picture books. These sessions take a look into the creative process of making books and illustrations.
Talks are informative insights into the processes of a practising author and illustrator working in the Australian book industry. Talks can include:
- How I develop my stories
- My process for creating illustrations
- Working in the Australian book industry
- Tips on getting published
- Developing a portfolio
- Using social media
Talks concludes with a Q&A session.
Creative Picture Book Illustration
An introductory, hands-on course exploring children’s book art and story making. I’ll be sharing my personal processes in creating picture books and working with publishers. This course includes:
- Designing characters
- Constructing an illustration
- My personal step-by-step process in developing a picture book story.
This session gives insight into working in the Australian illustration industry. I’ll discuss developing a portfolio and using social media to showcase your art.
A hands-on workshop focusing on illustrative watercolour for picture books.
I’ll be sharing my creative systems in watercolour and how you can apply them to illustrations through practical and imaginative exercises. This course includes:
- A brief overview of working with watercolour and its characteristics
- Experimenting with several watercolour methods I use to create my work
- Completion of at least four small paintings.
This course gives you the initial skills to express your creativity in picture books.
VIRTUAL Workshops and Talks
Want to book me for a workshop but you’re on the other side of Australia? I have the answer for you! I offer creative sessions through a variety of online platforms including Webex, Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
I cover most topics mentioned in my talks and workshops above.
For bookings, further information and rates, please contact me here.